- No minimum balance required to open or maintain account
- Interest calculated on daily balance and compounded and credited quarterly
- Access to funds through ATM’s with required checking account
- Statements generated quarterly
- 24-hour Banking services with ATMs
- 24-hour “On Call” telephone banking services 731.852.2022 or toll free 1.866.751.0431
- Online banking services
- Mobile banking services with smart devices (Download app via App Store or Google Play.)
Come in and get your child’s savings account started today. Give your kids the tools they need to become savvy savers. Our accounts will help them start early and save often.
- Open an account.
- Set a goal.
- Watch your money grow!
The following are just a few reasons why teaching youth to save can be greatly beneficial to their
Teaching kids to save teaches self control.
Choosing to save, instead of spend, is an exercise of self control. The famous 1927 Stanford
Marshmallow Experiment showed that kids with self control are psychologically better adjusted, more
dependable and do better in school.
Kids who save are more likely to go to college.
Research conducted by Washington University’s Center for Social Development found that children who
have a savings account in their name are seven times more likely to attend college than similar
- Children with a savings account have lower stress and a greater sense of hope for the future.
- Students with a bank account tend to be more financially literate than those without an account.
Decatur County Bank is committed to financial literacy for our community’s youth.
Decatur County Bank is a proud participant in the American Bankers Association Teach Children to Save Campaign.